Outlook 2007 Email Set-Up
Below are the settings for adding your CommuniKate e-mail account to Outlook.
- Click Tools then Account Settings.
- Click New.
- Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, then click Next.
- At the Auto Account Set Up screen, check the box Manually configure server settings or additional server types, then click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, then click Next.
- Enter your Name and FULL e-mail address.
Next to account type, select IMAP.
Next to Incoming mail server, enter mail.securekate.com
Next to Outgoing mail server (SMTP), enter mail.securekate.com
Enter your FULL e-mail address next to Username.
Enter your e-mail password next to Password.
Check the box called Remember password.
Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
Check the box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
Next to Incoming Server (IMAP), enter 993 and select SSL as the encryption type.
Next to Outgoing Server (SMTP), enter 465 and select TLS as the encryption type.
Next to Root folder path: enter Inbox.
- Click OK.
- Click Next
- Outlook 2007 will save your Sent Items in the Outlook Sent Items folder. If you would prefer that your Sent Items are stored on the server, so that they are accessible in other clients or devices:
Click Tools, then Account Settings
Highlight your e-mail address, then click Change.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Folders tab.
Select Choose an existing folder or create a new folder to save your sent items for this account in.
Select Sent Items, then click OK.